13 May 2022

Is OFCOM a QUANGO and a waste of money?

Regularly, I get emails from OFCOM. I look at these and get the distinct impression they are trying to  justify their very existence. The impression I am given is of a group that largely does not understand RF and is only interested in money.

This is my personal view and you may feel differently. Experiences 10 years ago and in the last few months have re-enforced my view that it is in radical need of an overhaul. I ask myself, if it wasn't there would it be missed? Probably not!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course Ofcom is a Quango, it was created to capitalise on the unexpected 3G multi £Billion licence bidding war windfall, hoping to repeat the exercise selling off parts of the spectrum.
Which came to a full stop when they tried to sell expensive 156MHz vhf marine band licences
to the RNLI. The RNLI replied that they are a charity and if they paid what Ofcom wanted,
they would have to cut their life saving lifeboat services!
Which demonstrates what a No Nuffing bunch of paper pushers they are