19 Feb 2022

Innovations and Trials Licence 8m application

Thanks to the generosity of total strangers (thank you all) I now have covered the costs of my application to OFCOM. 

My fund raiser is now closed. 

Every penny over the licence costs (a few pounds) is going to charity (any suggestions?) and I do not profit at all from this. To do so would have been totally wrong and was never my intention. If OFCOM had just granted me a simple NoV, none of this would have been necessary.

The application is going in today.

UPDATE 1445z:  Apparently an Innovation and Trial licence is £50 per month, which is stupid!! I shall apply for an Innovation and Research Licence that is £50 annually. 

UPDATE 2140z:  A couple of really nasty comments have been received which I have marked as SPAM and I shall not publish. For the record, (1) nobody had to contribute, (2) not a single penny goes to me, (3) my only reason for doing this is to further radio propagation research, (4) in the future I hope all radio amateurs can gain access to this most interesting part of the spectrum.

1 comment:

G1KQH said...

It shouldn't of come to this.

Where is the "free" spirit and experimentation in Amateur radio?

I have seen it all before red tape stopping site cleared node applications in the days of Packet radio, not even a budge or a wink to get them moving, months after applying, some were even proved to be stuck in the filing cabinet. So in the end the system was just bypassed and run under club callsigns or even our own!

Admittedly this is slightly different, we don't even have an allocation at this frequency. But what is really to stop them giving us a small slice, or look on experimentation more favorable.. Just think without Marconi there wouldn't of been nobody saved from perishing off the Titanic, even he wasn't believed to start with.

The rest is history!

73's Steve