1 Oct 2021

The most stupid product yet?

I have just received the latest newsletter from a major UK dealer. It included 2 products that seem pointless to me! For over £115 you can have a box that disconnects the antenna. For £190 you can automatically disconnect and ground 2 antennas.  Surely you can just unplug antennas? Am I missing something here?

Sorry, but this seems to be another way for the manufacturer and dealer to make money from gullible people or people with deep pockets. I for one will not be rushing...

3 comments:

G1KQH said...

Business is business Mr L..

There is always a mug about :-)


73's Steve

DaveL said...

Do they guarantee protection from lightning? Can I sue them if the rig blows up while using their product during a lightning storm?

Otherwise, I see no point to it...

73,
Dave
KF7JAF

Anonymous said...

I don't know how many amateurs operate their rigs remotely but some do. For them and for some with disabilities it may be a useful device.