23 May 2019

BREXIT - NOT amateur radio

Whatever your views on BREXIT are we can all agree on one thing: we have made a right mess of it!  The UK people and main parties are deeply divided over this and the UK is more "broken" now than for years. The Prime Minister is going soon, but I cannot see a good replacement.

I have the feeling that we are on the verge of a new time in UK politics as both the Conservative and Labour parties are deeply divided over BREXIT.

What is needed is something to unite the UK. Short of war, I do not know would fit the bill - maybe we will all "get real" about climate change. Remember how public opinion suddenly changed on plastics?

2 comments:

Hugh said...

The rest of Europe is deeply divided too about balance between EU and nationalism. I think the European electrions will be a surprise, not only for UK but Italy, Spain France

Roger G3XBM said...

Hugh - I agree. I think we will see the election of more right wing MEPs. In the long run, I suspect the EU will have to change.