12 Mar 2019

That BREXIT vote - NOT amateur radio

My gut says that the UK Prime minister is going to fail to get her EU withdrawal bill approved tonight when the House of Commons votes. If this happens, I suspect the UK pound will fall heavily against the Euro and the US Dollar. I may be wrong and frequently have been in the past.

If we do not accept her deal, we will be in a constitutional crisis, probably the biggest since WW2. Why does Mrs May not seek compromise? To my mind she seems an obstinate woman. I am a floating voter and have voted for most UK parties in the past.

At the moment, the UK parliament seems unable to govern. The sad thing is, I see no good leaders in any party.  Will we see good leaders in my lifetime?

UPDATE 2132z: The government lost the vote again. Will the UK Prime Minister never learn?

No comments: