23 Aug 2016

10m Es

There has been some early Es on 10m JT65 this morning with spots of my QRP JT65 signal from Spain and Italy. It will be interesting to see how this develops and if I get copied in South America later. My theory is that my South American spots involve Es for the first hop(s) with F layer over the equator.

UPDATE 1125z: The 10m Es seems to be moving towards eastern Europe and Scandinavia now with my signal being spotted in Hungary and Finland and I have copied Ukraine.

UPDATE 1306z: It pays to check the PC as not everyone uploads to PSKreporter maps. Yesterday I copied EA6 and today I was spotted in Norway but neither showed up on PSKreporter.

3 comments:

Petrus 1964 said...

Check your TX message on JT65. de LA7DFA

1213 -15 -0.5 732 # B G3XBM JO02

Roger G3XBM said...

Thank you LA7DFA, but it is meant to be this WHEN BEACONING. I revert to normal messages when looking for QSOs. I send "B G3XBM JO02" so I show up on PSKreporter maps.

Petrus 1964 said...

Just copying your "B" again now. Not sure if this is common practice. I cant remember seing it before. But not a bad idea to be able to beacon.
Perhaps easier to understand if you sent BEACON G3XBM.

Was opening to England on 6m this afternoon, quite surprising so late in the ES season.