24 Jun 2016

Amsterdam - NOT amateur radio

The last few days we were in Amsterdam, Holland. We traveled there by train, through the Channel Tunnel on Eurostar. Our journey took us through France, Belgium (Brussels) and Holland. My wife and I have "divisions" in cities, with Amsterdam in our top division - we have been there 6 times now. Having had a stroke nearly 3 years ago, I found negotiating the cobbled streets and bikes made me very dizzy. Despite this we had a great few days. Now that I'm back you can expect blog updates most days.

4 comments:

PA2RF said...

Dear Roger,
Good to read you and your wife had a good time in Holland.

Vriendelijke groet,

Ron

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Ron. My son worked in Boxmeer for many months and I had lots of connections with Eindhoven when I worked for Philips. I have always felt at home in The Netherlands.

Jan, OZ9QV said...

I have been living in The Netherlands for about a quarter of a century, I felt quite at home in the Hague area, too. Good to see that you still enjoy Amsterdam.

Yes, the time flying phenomenon is well known, to me, too.

Vy 73 de OZ9QVj Jan (in NL : PA3FOP and later PA9QV)

Bert, PA1B said...

Hello Roger, Thanks for the nice post. Good to see, that the both of you like Amsterdam. As a young boy I used to visit my grand parents, who use to live near the Central Station. 73, Bert