1 Mar 2016

OFCOM and amateur radio

See http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/radiocommunication-licences/amateur-radio/ .

I am trying to think up a good name for this quango we know in the UK as OFCOM.  Any suggestions?
  • Office of Comical gents and ladies?
  • Official Company of Morons?
As you can tell. I have not been impressed by them in the past. I wish they were able to make pragmatic decisions. Maybe I do them a great injustice, but in past dealings they have been hopeless. In all my years in business I know of you have to add value. What value do they really add? Every time I have contacted them the official has had to consult the law. They seem far removed from reality and pragmatic decisions. No doubt they will claim they can do no other. Sorry, I do not agree! OFCOM should be able to act with pragmatism or they deserve to be disbanded.

No comments: