6 Apr 2015

6m luck?

Since my spot of G8XWR (150km) on 6m early this morning I have spotted absolutely nothing and no-one has spotted my 1W ERP from my V2000 vertical.  I suspect this will be typical of 6m in the months ahead? I think VK3OER's super-DX spots on 6m may have been errors: I think he was reporting the wrong band? Certainly I have seen no evidence of real DX on the band today. I think there genuinely was some TEP between JA and VK earlier.   I shall stick with 6m though as this band often brings real surprises. That is why they call 6m "the magic band".

Last Es season my results on 6m WSPR were disappointing, but I am hopeful a few more users will try WSPR.  CN8 (Morocco) was regular, but I got no super-DX spots and did not spot any super-DX myself. I know there were some days when European JT65 users were working some real DX on 6m well outside of Europe by multi-hop Es. I know of one W who spotted CN8 on 6m WSPR.

We need lots of 6m WSPR from far flung corners this coming Es season! We also need far more W's and VE's to catch those transatlantic openings on 6m.

UPDATE 1325z:  G8XWR (150km) spotted me at a decent -17dB S/N at 1234z. Otherwise nothing.

UPDATE 1636z:  No further 6m spots given or received.

No comments: