In my view every human life of whatever colour or creed has equal value. It matters not whether you are rich or poor or where you live.
Which is why I am puzzled by settler violence in the West Bank. Although I never believe in violence, I can understand why some people conflate Israel with the current government of Israel and have a hatred of the violence being committed.
I heard today that oil reserves off the Falkland Islands are being explored by private companies in Britain and Israel. Personally I think this is all about human greed and why the UK is so anxious to hang on to the Falkland Islands. The cynicism in me says we would not have been so bothered if there were no oil reserves. Yes the folks there have every right to self- determination but I am skeptical of the UK’s real motives.

No comments:
Post a Comment