At the moment there is a move towards off-grid reliable communication that does not need the internet or mobile phones.
As far as I can tell there are 2 systems coming to the fore Meshstastic and Meshcore.
Both (I think) are in their infancy and which system is better depends on where you live.
The systems are licence free, meaning anyone can use them. They’re based on either 868MHz or 915MHz if you are in the USA.
As it is meshed-based the more users the better. Often sparsely populated places have poor coverage.
As far as I know, this is just a messaging service as the data rate is low. In Romania YO6DXE has been experimenting with solar powered repeaters to extend range. He has made a video as part of his DX Explorer series.

1 comment:
I have 2 solar repeaters myself. The system is very promising. But you need guidance on ow to properly use it. The way it goes now is that it isn't going to mesh but going to be a mess. Besides that, to setup everything is way too complicated. Most people don't know what they are doing inclusing me ;-( 73, Bas
Post a Comment