3 Feb 2024

22m ISM band

WSPRnet includes the 22m ISM band. In the last couple of weeks, there are plenty of reports, mostly from stations using a few milliwatts. I have never tried this band. I guess if you have a 20m antenna it will work just below the band.

Personally, I find this sort of propagation research far more rewarding than chatting on 80m about carrots with commercial gear. If legal, I shall give it a try next week with the call probably 22M3ISM.

UPDATE  1055z:  Reading IR2030 /1,/2 it would appear it is legal to run a device with an output less than 42 dBµA/m at 10 m in the 22m band. Does anyone know what that represents as an ERP please? In the EU the spec is EN300 330. I think if you later intend to place a product on the market (only) then you have to submit a product for type approval. Otherwise I think you can self-declare compliance.

UPDATE 1440z: According to Rik Strobbe ON7YD, this is equivalent to 7.5mW EIRP.

UPDATE 1444z: Starting tomorrow, I shall try WSPR beaconing in the 22m ISM band (so called HiFer band). Need to find out the best frequency for WSPR beaconing. 

UPDATE 1515z: It would appear 13.5539 MHz USB dial is the setting for 22m ISM WSPR. I shall start beaconing properly on Sunday, but it is on now.

UPDATE  1550z: See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effective_radiated_power.



No comments: