26 Aug 2023

8m QRP FT8 (Saturday)

 Although the 2.5W to the dipole has been on all morning, no spots on TX or RX at 1150z.

UPDATE 1434z:    No spots. 

UPDATE 1517z:   It seems odd that real experimenters have to pay to do experiments in the UK because OFCOM and the RSGB seem so stupid and short-sighted, for example, about 8m. I despair for the future of our hobby that is meant to be all about self-training. Tell that to OFCOM, the RSGB and the FCC!! I have said this many, many times: when most radio amateurs are very old, forgetful, men (most amateurs are old men), I can see our hobby just dying out. 20 years? Fewer (or no) profits, fewer adverts, fewer magazines, fewer new transceivers..... Am I bothered?  Not really. I have enjoyed experimenting, but many prefer to talk about gardening on 80m with commercial gear or chasing DXCC. Neither appeal to me. If this is amateur radio, sorry it is not for me.

UPDATE 1916z:  S50B (1220km) has spotted me.

UPDATE 1953z:  QRT shortly.


No comments: