3 Jun 2023

Media fascism

In the UK media for several days a headline has been about an ITV presenter, who happens to be gay. The lives of him and his family have been a total hell. On the BBC news it has been the very first item.  Had it been a heterosexual affair nobody would care.

In my view this is despicable.  He and his family should be left alone.

As far as we know, he had done nothing wrong or newsworthy. Just leave him alone and get off his back.

In my view, this is journalism of the very worst kind: superficial and gratuitous gossip. BBC, get back to real news please!!! 


2 comments:

Keith said...

Well said, Roger.

However, in the media’s attempts to uncover new stories to boost circulation numbers, I doubt it will be the last.

HC02 said...

It's unbelievable to me that anybody of their own free will watches daytime TV, I'd rather watch paint dry or how about a nice test card like there used to be on TV at that time of day!