14 Mar 2023

FT-710 and FT8

Thank you for all the suggestions. 

I was going to do this yesterday (find out why the FT-710 does not work with FT8), but had no time. Today is make or break time: I shall check the firmware version, try at a lower speed that 38400 (probably 4800) and if all else fails give MLS a ring for help! 

In the end, it has to be something daft and I shall say, "of course"!

UPDATE 1709z:  It would appear my firmware on the FT-710 is not up to date. I am not sure if doing the reset to factory settings some weeks ago did this or whether these firmware updates post date the rig being shipped from the factory and MLS? Anyway, clearly I should make sure the firmware is fully up-to-date before I try to get FT8 working. The rig talks about CAT-3 settings and elsewhere CAT-1. This has left my small brain confused, HI.

1 comment:

G6AVK_QRPp said...

Hi Roger,

A factory reset will only put any custom changes you made back to the default, it will not do anything to the Firmware.

Note:
After doing the Firmware updates you should do a factory reset, some online video's omit this.
This is mentioned in Yaesu's firmware update Doc's

Also you can use 38k4 BPS for the COM port speed as this was one of the fixes, apparently.

GL, Colin- G6AVK