9 Mar 2023

481 THz optical experiments




It is many years since I used my optical gear. As mentioned previously, I want to check it all works, download Spectran 2 and do some local tests initially. Our local church is about 300m away, so perhaps I can do some QRSS tests bouncing off this? 


It the local tests work, I would like to do some over the horizon tests with G4HJW who is about 10km away. Sadly, there is a lot of clutter locally, so perhaps I would have a better chance with Bernie using cloudbounce, rather than clear air scattering? He might have to point to higher in the sky. With passing clouds, I might well copy him.

Being far more wobbly these days, this will be far harder for me now.

All my 100mm gear is still in the shack, but it all needs putting together and testing.

No comments: