4 Feb 2023

"It is all too much?" - NOT amateur radio

Many years ago (5?) a doctor said these words to me.  I replied "of course not". 

Now I am less sure. As I get older, I feel my strength waning, people around me are dying (friends and family) and I live in an almost constant state of near exhaustion and giddiness. Life is no longer such fun. As a younger person, all my life was ahead of me. My sex life was healthy and meant a lot. These days, my drive is no longer there.  Ahead of me is (probably) ill health and death.

We once went to a party, mainly of older people. The host said, "you are not allowed to discuss your illness or medication". She was very wise!

Most of the time, I remain positive doing what still gives me fun, and there  are plenty of things.  On the whole, I am a "glass half full" sort of person i.e. positive.

..... but I now know what that doctor meant.

No comments: