18 Nov 2022

8m QRP FT8 (Friday)

 Since about 0945z, I have been on QRP 8m FT8 on 40.680 MHz.  No spots.

An article about 8m has been submitted to Practical Wireless. I hope it will be published early next year. I doubt RSGB RadCom would publish it, which is why I gave them a miss this time. I have written a letter to the editor of RadCom about an amateur band at 8m and it has not appeared. 

UPDATE 1350z:  Having got no FT8 spots, I have moved over to WSPR at 1W. It is on 40.680 MHz USB dial with the tones on 1.5 kHz higher in the WSPR window. I am transmitting 40% of the time.

UPDATE 2035z:  In preparation for my local QRPP 8m WSPR test next week, I have started WSPR transmissions on 40.680 MHz USB dial. My WSPR appears 1.5 kHz HF in the middle of the 200 Hz WSPR slot. My aim is to first ensure everyone is looking in the right place. So far I have had reports from G8CRB (12km). With the reports Steve has given me at 1W, it is unlikely he would copy me at 10mW ERP. Steve is using a fan dipole for 80-12m.

No comments: