30 Oct 2022

11m amateur band

Until today, I had no knowledge that the 11m band was allocated to the amateur service in the USA prior to this being allocated to CB. I guess the nearest amateur bands today are 12m and 10m. 

This appeared on the Amateur Radio Weekly email, with the original article being on Bas's blog at https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/ .  

I was aware of the 5m band, but wonder what other allocations were made in the past? Possibly there were other odd allocations made locally such as the 73 kHz band in the UK at one time. In the UK a very few NoV permits were allocated near 9 kHz. I had one of them.

Some other countries had an 11m amateur band.

5 comments:

Keith said...

There are currently the 220MHz and 900MHz bands available to amateurs in North America, and after the enforced shut-down during WW1, amateurs in the U.K. were given a spot frequency of 1.665MHz to use.

Regards,
Keith

Hugh said...

I believe the 6 metre band was available in the UK post WW2 up to 1948-49 and then closed off(TV use) for the next 35 odd years

Roger G3XBM said...

I had no idea about that topband allocation after WW2. Yes, I think there were 6m permits allocated after WW2, but I do not believe it was generally available in the UK at that time.

Keith said...

That Top Band allocation was after WW1, not WW2.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Keith - my mistake!