25 Sept 2022

Help needed to find a circuit please

Back in the 1970s my first outings on 70cm were using a circuit I found in a VHF Communications magazine. I guess it would have been 1971-1974 sometime. I think the magazine came out quarterly.

The circuit used a varicap diode as a tripler on TX and as a mixer on RX. The IF was 2m and on 70cm it produced about 100mW as I recall. In those days most were crystal controlled AM and on RX we tuned "low to high", or similar, to get a QSO.

Do you recall this circuit?  If you have a copy of the article I would be most grateful for a copy. 

I have no intention of building it, but it would be nice for old time's sake. From an East Anglian "hill" (yes there are a few, HI) it worked as far as Yorkshire with a very small beam.


UPDATE 1341z:
Found it!! Thanks Henry.


M0ZAE was a great help - thanks again. The edition was November 1971. The link takes you to all back numbers and is a great resource.

No comments: