14 Sept 2022

70cm FT8 contest this evening

If things are normal, this evening is the 70cm FT8 activity contest. Activity is usually high. 

Even with the V2000 vertical or 2m big-wheel omni I usually copy PA and EI and manage a few QSOs. Normal FT8 QSOs are fine. No special contest software. Even if you don't enter a score, this is a good chance to find activity.

If you think 70cm is quiet, you are in for a shock! 

See https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/contest_rules.pl?year=2022&contest=70cmsgmac. The RSGB contest starts at 1900z.

UPDATE 1958z:  I only stopped on for about 30 minutes, but despite 5W to the 2m omni big-wheel I was copied as far away as Devon. Had I been on longer I am pretty sure further would have been possible. 1 QSO was had and I was called by another but we did not complete. On RX, the furthermost was Cornwall and the Netherlands.

No comments: