24 Sept 2022

23cm antennas (again)

At one time, a very popular 23cm antenna, for ATV I think, was the bow tie designed by G8GML (now SK). As I recall it was 2 diamond shaped elements with a solid reflector. I think it had a useful (not high) gain and a fairly broad forward lobe. 

For DX contacts, a decent beam with lots of forward gain is usually essential, but such an antenna might be better for me than the PCB HB9CV that, I believe, is supplied with the 23cm transverter that should come next month.

What I am wondering is does anyone make this commercially and at what price?

Such an antenna might be useful on 70cm too.

UPDATE 1907z:   As David says in the comments, Wimo make such an antenna. It looks expensive.

2 comments:

David (G0LRD) said...

Hi Roger
There is a commercially-made 23cm bow-tie (with a radome) from Wimo: https://www.wimo.com/en/pa-23r
73 David

Roger G3XBM said...

Thank you David.