26 Aug 2022

The dealer shootout

Hopefully I will be very wrong, but I predict that at least one amateur radio dealer will be gone by the end of next year. 

There could be more than one. Over time magazines will see revenue dip, which in turn could lead to smaller editions or even some magazines closing. 

In my view, some dealers will survive, but others may not. Hard times are ahead.

As I said before, I hope I will be very wrong, but the signs are not good. I wrote to one dealer almost a week ago and I did not have the courtesy of a reply. They certainly won't be getting any business from me. Will they be one of the first to go? I shall not name and shame them.

It is not just dealers. Some manufacturers are also considering whether amateur radio offers them profits in the future. Some may decide it is better to get out soon. 

2 comments:

TheGazlab said...

Yaesu are going nowhere, price reduction is simply a result of competition..

Gaz

Roger G3XBM said...

The dealers that survive will be those that make fair profits and give good service in my view. Those that do not may not be around in 5 years time.