9 Jul 2022

FT8 and PC time sync

Until I can sort out my PC time sync issue (to Internet time on the PC) I am unable to use FT8 on any band. 

Years ago I would have been able to do this logically. Since my 2013 stroke, it is like part of my brain is scrambled and I find logical thinking and problem solving so much harder. 

The best way I can describe it is as follows. Imagine wading through glue. It is a bit like this. It is all but impossible to think clearly these days without becoming exhausted.

6 comments:

G6AVK_QRPp said...

Hello Roger,

I can highly recommend BktTimeSync by Mauro, IZ2BKT. It is really plug and play.
Install and you will be setup for Internet time sync.

https://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html

I do hope this helps,

73 Colin - G6AVK

Roger G3XBM said...

I shall try this Colin. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Windows Time is a service that maintains the synchronization process with time servers on the network. If this service is not enabled (there could be many reasons for this to happen), time sync on Windows 10 will fail.

Type Services in Windows search and press Enter
In the new window, scroll down to Windows Time service and double-click it
Under Startup type, click on the drop-down menu and select Automatic
Click Start, Apply, and OK. Set Windows Time service to automatic

Roger G3XBM said...

It looks like a problem with this PC and DNS addresses. Other PCs work fine. Just this one! I tried going to another site I know works and this too does not work!! I will try again tomorrow.

SV1GRN said...

In your browser just type time.is 73

Anonymous said...

You may need to flush your DNS cache then. See https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/how-do-i-flush-my-windows-dns-cache/