14 Jul 2022

10m simple sideband transceiver.

Before my stroke got in the way, I had every intention of making a simple transceiver for 10m sideband. 

Originally, I was thinking of a DSB rig, but these days a better bet might be a phasing SSB.  A synthesiser chip and low cost micro-controller might allow full band coverage and other bands with minor changes.

In my mind, this was to have been a small, single PCB design, much like a small Heathkit Lunchbox. It would make a neat and low cost club project. 

Sadly, although I had some ideas, much of the design remains to be done. In the next few years 10m will be very good. Antennas for 10m are small and fit in most gardens. Even CB verticals and wire dipoles work well.

If you are in a position to finish this, I would be very pleased.

See https://sites.google.com/view/g3xbm4/home/hf-mf-and-lf/homebrew/10m-simple-sideband .

No comments: