6 May 2022

Getting worse? - NOT amateur radio

Many things are better nowadays, but many things have got worse. My coats have fewer pockets, my underpants are thinner, National Trust bags are more inferior, Picasa has been "retired". You get the distinct impression that suppliers are designing to a fixed price.

Recently we bought some new cordless phones. As far as I can see these are the replacements of the ones we have. On the old ones we can assign ring tones to certain people e.g. family, friends etc... On the new ones I cannot see how to do it! This was a really useful feature as we could ignore SPAM. If it is a call from people we know, we answer. If it is someone else important, they will leave a message or ring again. If I cannot find out how to do this, they are of no use and will be returned.

What are your views?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't return them because they don't do what you thought they might. I bought a Ford fiesta thinking it might be a ferrari. I tried to return it but got knocked back. Of course you'll get a refund but morally is it right? You bought it, found it didn't match your expectations, (no fault on the seller) so you want your money back. The seller has no obligation to refund you.

Roger G3XBM said...

No I am afraid I DISAGREE with the above comment. I bought the phones in all good faith expecting phones from the same supplier 10 years on would be at least as good as the old ones! Under UK law you have 14 days to change your mind on any online purchases, but that is not why I am returning them at MY expense. They simply do not work as I expected and therefore do not provide me with what I need. They are not "fit for purpose". I think I am justified in expecting the software to support features on the same model 10 years ago!!