13 May 2022

8m experiment (Friday)

With my QRP, I am running out of stations with whom I can realistically exchange reports. 

My problem is I do not know who else, without a TX permit, might be looking for me. There is an outside chance that I could be spotted in the USA, but I think it is unlikely that I will be spotted in South Africa. 

I remain totally baffled by OFCOM and the RSGB who seem dead against even a very tiny allocation of an amateur band at 8m, by NoV, digital only, when this could really help propagation research and self training!! I find their OBSTRUCTIVE attitude unbelievable. Contact OFCOM and the RSGB to persuade them they are so WRONG!! Even 5 kHz would be useful, say at 40.680 USB dial. Having to buy a T&I licence seems so wrong and totally the opposite of "self training".

UPDATE 0810z:   8m TX turned on 40.680 MHz USB dial at 0805z. FT8 first period TX.

UPDATE 1420z:  There are lots of stations monitoring on 8m. Sadly, nobody has spotted me today and I have spotted nobody on RX.

No comments: