2 Apr 2022

Transmitting 8m FT8

Since just after breakfast, I have been transmitting FT8 at QRP on 40.680 MHz USB dial. So far, 2 local spots have been received for which I am very grateful. I shall remain on TX. The dipole is quite low still.

As far as I know these are the first reports of a UK, non beacon, station on 8m.  As part of my research I welcome reports by PSKreporter or email. My T&I licence does not allow conventional QSOs, but I would like to know who you are and where you are . In my view, 2-way 8m FT8 exchanges are legal if you have a permit for 8m TX


UPDATE 1338z: 
3 local spots so far. Thank you.

UPDATE 1644z:  Now QRT on 8m.


Any amateur radio or SWL station, anywhere on the planet, has my express permission to receive my test signals on 8m and give me reports.

2 comments:

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes Ken. Just sending CQ calls, which I am sure is legal. If,say, Borat responds I would happily exchange reports and locations. I cannot see how this is wrong.

Roger G3XBM said...

I am trying to follow the spirit of the research. Unless I get reports, the tests have no value. So far today, my reports have been encouraging. All locals so far.