30 Apr 2022

8m experiments (Saturday)

It is now 0857z. I have been on 40.680 MHz USB dial FT8 TX.  No spots on RX or TX.

UPDATE 0941z:  Currently RX only. As far as I know the following countries have granted limited access to TX on 8m:

  USA (a limited number of special permits issued by the FCC)
  Canada (1 special permit)
  South Africa (special permission?)
  UK (a limited number of special T&I licences)
  Slovenia (allocated 40.66-40.70 to amateurs on a secondary basis)
  Croatia (special permission?)
  Eire (full allocation to the amateur service)
  Denmark (beacon only).

Others may be active, but I am unsure of their legality. I am unsure of the legal position of operating with very low ERP in the ISM band in almost any country.

UPDATE 1220z:  Still no spots today.  Will be on FT8 TX at about 1240z.

UPDATE 1243z: Now on 8m FT8 TX (40.680 MHz USB dial). Reports welcomed.

No comments: