4 Feb 2022

Comment

"Why are you such a winger?

Having seen your comments about amateur TV it seems that you are just a prejudiced old fart that cannot accept that other amateur radio interests gain greater prominence than your stupid ideas on 40MHz propagation.

I hope that you die before you get a reply."


Thank you for your supportive (!!) comments sent anonymously. For the record I have no issue whatsoever with extra spectrum for DATV. The only reason I have not explored this fascinating area of our hobby is that there is only so much one can do.

My issue is with OFCOM who seem to treat customer service with distain.  After approaching 4 months I think I am owed the kindness of an update?

For the record, I hope I do not come across as an "old f**t". Old I can accept!! 

This comment has been reported as SPAM.

3 comments:

Todd Dugdale said...

You have my sympathies. I used to get at least one comment like this every week when I ran my amateur radio blog, only it was from the other end: OFs telling me I was bad/stupid because I wasn't interested in HF like they were.

This is part of the weird "group-think" that new entrants see and that senior hams are blind to.

If you say, "I'm not interested in x", you must add "and that makes me inferior to other hams". If you don't, other hams will 'know' that you really mean is "X is bad/stupid, and anyone who does x is bad/stupid". There always must be an irredeemably evil Bad Guy in every discussion, so we can be sure that we are the unquestionably Good Guy.

G1KQH said...

Just take no notice keep Blogging, we all join the old f*rts club at some stage..

Next year I will join the coffin dodgers :-)

73's Steve

Jason M0NYW said...

I'm disgusted to read that comment by someone who hides behind a keyboard especially a ham radio operator. Funny how they decided to stay anonymous!

I fully understand the desire to try and gain a NOV for the band and the potiental it could open up for the hobby. At the end of the day we need to secure as much spectrum as possible on any band as we always had the fear of losing some of it.

I hope karma catches up with that keyboard warrior but glad you took it like water off a ducks back.

Jason M0NYW