23 Sept 2021

Kindness of radio amateurs

As many know I had a stroke 8 years ago and can no longer do some of the things I used to enjoy.

Several times in the last few years I have been struck by how kind some people are. I won't name them, but 2 have offered to build my Phaser kit, one to fix my transverter for 472kHz and someone else did a schematic for me and has sent a ferrite antenna and crystals. Someone sent me some sensitive earpieces and I have been sent crystals and a clock. I am sure I have forgotten something, but you get the drift.

This was pure kindness and generosity. I have been so impressed with the sheer kindness of others. They wanted nothing in return. Thank you so very much.

The ham spirit is alive and well. If you can, do something kind for others and keep the amateur spirit alive.

As I have often said, there are far more kind people than bad people, but kindness is not newsworthy.

Thank you again.

No comments: