13 Jun 2021

Windose??? - NOT amateur radio

Just now (well actually 20 minutes ago!) I turned on my Windows 10 PC as this has all my RSGB activity contest details stored. I am still waiting for Windows updates to install. In this time, I could have cut the grass, had breakfast, washed the car, etc...

18 months ago I bought a Chromebook and this must be 20 times faster. I am totally pleased with my choice.

I thought the Windows 10 PC needed a defrag, but apparently this already happens automatically every week! The PC has gathered bloatware it does not need, I suppose. It is about 4 years old.

Anyone have recommendations what to do please?

BTW, after 30 minutes of my life - zzzzzz - I am still waiting for this heap of junk to start! It now tells me it is "cleaning up". More waiting..... zzzz.

BTW, I use Avast anti-virus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Refresh your PC? See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-refresh-reset-or-restore-your-pc-51391d9a-eb0a-84a7-69e4-c2c1fbceb8dd

Anonymous said...

Back up all your data to an external drive before doing anything to the system.

Roger G3XBM said...

Totally sensible advice!