30 Mar 2021

Succumbed

For a long time I have been coveting an IC-705 from ICOM. In the end I traded my FT991A in and bought one with the PSU, desk stand and 5 year warranty.

It was far more expensive than I wanted to pay from a UK dealer, but I rarely buy gear and I probably haven't that many years to enjoy it. It should give me years of fun. I cannot see the prices falling any time soon. The IC-7300 hasn't dropped in years.

In the end, the review by Peter Hart in the latest RadCom persuaded me. So, I have succumbed.  At the moment I am still reading the manual and will probably try it later.

More later....

4 comments:

Brian Martlew said...

Welcome to the IC705 owners club. You won't regret it!

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Wise descision. You have to enjoy it while you still can. Have great fun with it...73, Bas

John, EI7GL said...

That's good news Roger, looking forward to reading all the experiments with the new radio.

Dick said...

If you have an itch, scratch it. You did.