10 Feb 2021

Rant time - NOT amateur radio

Have you noticed that some things get worse over time? 

My wife has a coat that she got many years ago, so she decided to buy a new one. It is thinner and has fewer pockets. She recently bought me some new pants - they are thinner and shorter. A new National Trust bag has fewer pockets. I could go on and on....

You can see what happens. The buyer tries to get the best "bang per buck" and has a fixed price. He asks the supplier to keep the price down so accepts some compromises to hold the price, hoping the consumer won't care. 

Result? Thinner, poorer, material, fewer pockets. Basically poorer.

Rant over.

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

Yeah with lockdown I needed some new around the house jeans. Two pairs I bought, the cheap sort I would normally get at least 12 months wear out, both did the same, ripped across from the top rear pocket straight down the bum..

Cheap rubbish :-)


Not buying anymore clobba online..

73's Steve

G1KQH said...

Have you also noticed a bag of crisps used to be 28g but is now 25, or the biscuits in the packet got smaller, but the price remains the same but you have to eat more :-)


73's Steve