11 Nov 2020

ICOM IC-705

This still attracts me, although the price is too high. Now, if they were to throw in the 5 year warranty for "free", I might be more tempted. 

As I have said before, you can buy it in France with VAT with a 3 year warranty for less than you pay in the UK. One thing is certain: were I to buy one in the UK the 5 year warranty would be free the month after! So far, Yaesu is still playing catch-up and we seem some time from a Yaesu equivalent. It seems ICOM has this market for themselves.

Every review I have seen for the IC-705 has been positive, although some think the lack of a stand or  support is an omission. Will 4m TX coverage come with a firmware upgrade?

At one point my website tried to give the latest news, but YouTube has new videos every few days.



This month, even PW has a review. of sorts. I expect a detailed review in RadCom will be soon.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/ic705

No comments: