1 Jun 2020

6m FT8

Although I have still to get to the bottom of my internet time sync issue I think I have reset the PC clock and synchronised it to internet time resyncing every 500 seconds. It looks like it is better at first, then off later. If anyone has my timing now (i.e. early Monday - it is now 0754z) I'd be grateful.

So far, 96 stations have spotted me. There is plenty of Es from Europe and some in Western Europe are working Japan again. So far, nothing from Japan or the Far East here on 6m FT8 RX or TX.

UPDATE 1800z: So far today 1081 stations have spotted me. This includes 1 station in mainland USA. Not bad for 10W and the V2000 vertical omni.

2 comments:

John, EI7GL said...

Roger, I use Dimension 4 which runs at start up. Time is always spot on.

I think a lot of people on WSPR use it.

Layne AE1N said...

I found this little program for computer time sync and use it exclusively!
Neutron is a very simple and small time synchronizing program that retrieves the accurate time from one of several specialized time servers on the Internet. Once the network time has been retrieved the program can set your computer's clock to match it.

Options in the program enable you to automatically obtain the time from the time server and set your clock appropriately at program startup. It is also possible to have the program automatically exit after the time has been set and so is ideal for placing a shortcut in your Startup folder to sync your clock when your computer is started.
http://keir.net/neutron.html