19 May 2020

6m FT8

Overnight I stayed on 6m FT8. After a QSO late yesterday evening I was RX most of the time. Sadly I saw no transatlantic stations. This morning I am on 6m FT8 TX again still usingy 18 10W and the V2000 vertical omni.

UPDATE 0835z: 39 stations have spotted me so far today on 6m FT8 with my 10W to the omni. Most of these are Es. Not as promising as yesterday, that was exceptional. Only 18 stations spotted here today so far. My noise floor is low, so if they are active, I would copy them.

UPDATE 0922z: Now 42 stations spotting me today.

UPDATE 1314z: 273 stations have spotted me so far today with best DX being OD5KU (3463km). On RX 346 stations spotted here on 6m FT8 RX with the best DX being A45XR (5843km) in Oman.

UPDATE 2012z:  443 stations have spotted me today.  As yet, no transatlantic signals spotted here or spots of my signal. Today seems  even better on 6m  FT8 than yesterday. I am still waiting that elusive transatlantic DX spot.

UPDATE 2112z:  455 stations have spotted me in the last 12 hours. In the hope of being spotted across the Atlantic, I have turned off auto sequencing. With this enabled I work plenty of stations daily, but the WSJT-X reverts to RX only. Overnight this is less ideal. Usually I can be in the shack within seconds to reset WSJT-X. Today, I have lost count of the number of QSOs on 6m FT8.

No comments: