23 Nov 2019

Political dirty tricks (fake news) - NOT amateur radio

At the moment I have still to make my mind up when voting in the next UK general election on December 12th.

Recently, in my view, the Conservative party has scored a couple of "own goals" by changing the name of their Twitter account to Factchecker or similar. They also, allegedly, modified a video to show an opposition cabinet minister stumbling over an answer, when he actually clearly answered the question.

In my view these were examples of false news and shame on whoever allowed them to be released. These sort of dirty tricks put UK politics in a very poor light and have no place whatsoever. If I was ever to vote for the Conservatives this alone would prevent me. How could anyone support this sort of childish behaviour?

2 comments:

John AE5X said...

If you think the other side of the political spectrum isn't also trying to manipulate you, you're a fool.

John AE5X

Roger G3XBM said...

I am no fool and assume all sides manipulate us.