25 Nov 2019

Chromebooks - NOT amateur radio

About 10 days ago, I bought an Asus C213NA Chromebook. It is NOT a Windows PC. Instead it uses Chrome OS.

It is blisteringly fast.  Every time I open the lid it is there in a blink. So far, it has been mainly used for web browsing, but I am not in the least disappointed. At the moment, it has far exceeded my expectations.

It runs Android apps (used) and Linux apps (not used) and the battery seems to last all day. The screen is bright and clear. The laptop has a touch screen and the whole thing can be used as a tablet if need be. It came with a 3 year on-site warranty. It is small and light. Perfect.

Oh, by the way, I am using it to write this.

Pleased? You bet!

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

Hmmm!

Can it run WSPR and WSJTX??

My guess is no, it is only any good for browsing and online stuff? But if you like that sort of thing, ok for some but not for others.

73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

It is not the PC used for WSJT-X (I use my shack PC running Windows 10 for this), but with Linux I am sure it would be possible. My Chromebook will run Linux.