26 Nov 2019

A good session on 472kHz WSPR TX

Last night and overnight I was on 472kHz WSPR TX with my 10mW ERP from the earth-electrode "antenna" in the ground. This is totally invisible! Even the XYL cannot see it!

In the end 19 stations spotted me with the best DX being LA8AV (1035km) in Norway. It seems that if anyone in Norway is on I have a good chance of being spotted, despite my low ERP and, basically, poor antenna and ground. It goes to prove, with WSPR, most things are possible.

UPDATE 0955z: Yet again, despite the dial of the FT817ND saying 80m, I am still copying 630m WSPR signals. So, it is as if the rig is operating in split mode, even when the display says I am not! Just now G0MRF was copied on 630m (472kHz) WSPR.
Stations spotting my 10mW ERP 
WSPR on 472kHz overnight.

No comments: