12 Oct 2019

Extinction Rebellion - NOT amateur radio

There is no doubt in my mind that the climate IS changing.

The overwhelming evidence points to man having a great influence, although that matters less than changing habits to minimise the impact of rising temperatures. Renewables are now far cheaper than they were.

In the UK, there was criticism over recent actions by Extinction Rebellion activists causing disruption in London. As in HK, activists risk alienating the very people they seek to influence. Certainly climate change is now being talked about. A year ago it was talked about far less.

I am not sure what I think. What is needed is a big change in transport, heating, food and other things across the world. This will involve subtle changes brought about by gradually persuading people to change habits. In my mind this will happen. I just hope this happens soon enough.

No comments: