21 Aug 2019

Back on 6m FT8

Earlier we went by train to Peterborough, where we went to the Gaia exhibition and had lunch.

Now we are home again, I am on 6m FT8. After a few CQ calls, I am currently RX only. On 6m FT8 TX I was spotted by LA7DHA (1902km) way up in Norway. I assume this is Es. Other spots were by stations in  England.

So far on 6m FT8 RX just one G spotted.

Every time I go on 6m FT8 TX I seem to be spotted at great range, presumably by Es. I think it is disappointing that people desert the band in August thinking that the Es season is over. Clearly with FT8, we are seeing Es every day so far this month that I have been active.

UPDATE 1540z: Another FT8 CQ (10W) was spotted by 6 stations with (again) LA7DHA (1902km) spotting me. Still just one spot on 6m FT8 RX.

No comments: