20 Mar 2019

Sticking with 2m FT8

Today, I have decided to stick with 2m FT8 RX. So far today, 18 stations in 6 countries already spotted in just the last 3 hours! There is no doubt that FT8 has completely transformed 2m for me: unheard of DX is always within range. When I call CQ (2.5W to the big-wheel omni antenna) I always seem to be spotted at great range. Propagation is often ordinary "flat band"  tropo, with some aircraft reflections at times. I am pretty convinced much is tropo and not aircraft reflections as every time I call CQ with real QRP I get spotted in Cornwall or Northern Ireland.

UPDATE 1510z: 21 stations in 7 countries spotted on 2m FT8 RX so far today with the best DX being DK1FG (815km).

UPDATE 1632z: 45 stations in 7 countries spotted so far today on 2m FT8 RX.
Stations spotted here in last 12 hours on 
2m FT8 RX with the big-wheel omni antenna.

No comments: