28 Mar 2019

ISWL

Twice I was a member of the International Short Wave League. Once in the 1960s and I rejoined many years later. I left again after several years as it no longer seemed to reflect my interests.

Back in the 1960s it was quite strong. In later years, it was much weaker and I had the feeling it was dying out. I see it is still around today. When I eventually left, having contributed many articles for the club journal "Monitor", not even an email to say, "sorry you are leaving". I guess this would have been about 2011, although I cannot remember.

If anyone knows how many members of the ISWL there are today, I'd love to know. It would not surprise me if there are less than 100 members left. When I left for the second time, I seem to recall there were about 300 members.

No comments: