9 Dec 2018

M1PRO success on 472kHz WSPR

A few days ago I posted that Jason M1PRO had built a version of my 472kHz transverter. He made a very neat version (see photo).
Well, I noticed last night he was spotted in Norway, Scotland and Belgium as well as lots of places in England. I assume this is with this transverter, although I forget what antenna he is using.  I think he loaded up the coax to his big-wheel. Not sure what his ground is.

Great stuff Jason!

From Jason's RX log, I see he is spotting quite a bit on MF.

1 comment:

M1PRO said...

Hi Roger,

Yes I'm using the one in the photo (your transverter design), getting 10watts out into the antenna which is a 144MHz big wheel 8M AGL tuned agaisnt wire loop running all four sides of the garden fence, two seprate radials one connected to a earth rod at the far end of the garden. ERP????

This antenna seems to work but I know its not a great match.

Looking to build a variometer as described on G0MRF site(http://www.g0mrf.com/variometer.htm) and try a 10M vertical.

73
Jason M1PRO