23 Aug 2018

American puzzle - NOT amateur radio

It is not an exaggeration to say that every American I have met has been kind, generous and caring. Really. Yet America, as a nation, come across as brash, arrogant and possibly stupid. Why?

Please don't misunderstand me. I have great deal of time for Americans. As said before, every single American I have met or dealt with has been kind and generous. Also, I have found American drivers perhaps the most polite in the whole world. Watching TV movies with car chases I could hardly believe how good the driving was in the USA. First class!

1 comment:

Steve McDonald said...

Roger ... Canadian drivers must be among the worst in the world. I recently had necessity to drive from central Florida to Ontario, Canada. All of my driving was on freeways and I went throught 8 or 9 states and in all kinds of weather. During the entire trip I saw not a single example of reckless, selfish driving! The entire trip, which I had been dreading (since I hate driving) was a genuine pleasure. Drivers seemed to obey the speed limits and where capable of controlling their vehicles. Americans know how to drive!
Upon crossing the border into Canada, it was only a matter of a few minutes before I once again saw reckless, stupid behaviour...what I am accustomed to seeing every day here in BC.
I have several ideas as to why there is such a huge difference between the two countries and it is not something that will ever likely be changed. If you visit Canada, be prepared to see some selfish, clueless, terrible terrible drivers.

Steve VE7SL