19 May 2018

Royal wedding - NOT amateur radio

OK, I am not a great royalist and I hate the wall to wall coverage of this event, especially the hats people will be wearing and the food to be eaten at some remote street party. This is especially galling when "real" news is relegated to insignificance.

However, the last 12 months (and more) have been difficult and people are looking for light relief. The royal wedding is a good distraction and generally makes people feel better. This I do understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not my thing either but on balance they do a lot of good and generate more for the economy than they cost. What would Mr Corbyn and Mr McDonald replace them with? State visits from communist dictatorships?

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes, on balance I think the UK does benefit. I wonder what will happen when the current queen and duke die? Will the monarchy still bring in the coffers?