18 Jan 2018

RSGB, bandplans and AM

What is it about the RSGB and AM?

Yet again, AM is reduced to a 2m footnote with a stupid, childish and inane remark about watching bandwidth! OK, it is some time since I used AM seriously, but the RSGB really needs to wake up. AM bandwidth is less than many FM transmissions and very low cost AM gear is available from the PMR industry.

I am rapidly going off the RSGB. The image of a bunch of grey haired fuddy duddies who are brain dead is being heavily re-enforced. I am sure this is not the image they want us to see.

As a member of the RSGB for 54 years, it is possibly my last. Although I want to support my national society, I find it hard if they are incompetent.

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

The RSGB have never liked AM that was always reflected how they once treated the CBers. But now 27MHz AM is now available to UK CB, so they have one over us!.. :-)


73 Steve

Hugh said...

VHF AM still the vanguard of the Aviation industry