24 Jan 2018

Mobile phones and young women - NOT amateur radio

About a year ago I posted something similar.

Every Wednesday I go to my University of the Third Age lecture on Samuel Pepys in Cambridge. If I have time I buy a coffee on the way. It usually gives me 15-20 minutes of "people watching" in central Cambridge. Last winter and this I have observed the same thing. This is not a scientific experiment, more of an observation.

Young, single women seem to use smart phones more than men. Most smart phone users are alone. To a casual observer it looks like these young women are using the phone to say, "keep away from me", "I am not available" or similar.

It is quite possible that I am entirely wrong and these young girls are using valuable time between lectures to catch up with social media. I am making no judgements, just relaying what I see.

No comments: