11 Jan 2018

Laziness or exhaustion? - NOT amateur radio

Quite a few people mistake my behaviour for laziness when I am actually totally exhausted. My worst time is after breakfast in the morning, when I feel totally drained. You would expect after a good night's sleep I would be at my best. After a rest of about 30 minutes I feel quite a bit better. On my feet I am always giddy.

My stroke 4 years ago left me largely unscathed but my voice is poor and I get tired (no, exhausted) after any form of physical or mental exertion. I very much wish things were better, but I think I need to reset my expectations: improvements are still to be had and many say my tiredness is due to my brain trying to rewire itself.

Sadly, I am unable to do many of the things I once could. This does not mean I can't live a full and interesting life though. Onwards and upwards!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger is it possible that you have developed diabetes? I am no doctor but your description sounds like I feel if I have a hearty breakfast. I know some people develop diabetes as a side effect of another condition.
Try skipping or delaying breakfast and see if affects how you feel in the morning. If you don't get so tired by doing this, get your blood sugar levels checked.
Good Luck Mark VK6WV

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Mark.

Yes, it could be something unrelated to the stroke. I usually have a decent breakfast (full English but cooked without fat) and I have put down my exhaustion to all the energy expended preparing it and clearing up afterwards.